Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
The Play Games Business Development team develops relationships with a range of organizations, from indie game developers and startups to large publishers, works with them to build great games, and finds ways for them to reach their audiences and grow their digital businesses. From joint design and solving technical problems for partners, to developing business models and distributing games globally, we provide the full lifecycle of support for partners.
As a Partnership Development Manager for Google Play games, you will use your strong business acumen and extensive industry knowledge to own, drive and build a pipeline of amazing Android games in specified countries. You will also help partners manage business creation and growth on Android.
- Analyze the mobile games market in target countries and create a target list of games required for a competitive offering based on internal objectives.
- Create and prioritize pipeline with specific, measurable and achievable/stretch goals, and recruit partners in the pipeline.
- Work with sales and product management to scale existing partner programs to include new features.
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments within mobile technology and game development through research, attending/speaking at events, meeting with influencers, etc., and providing feedback on features and business models to product/engineering teams.
- Provide input on merchandising mobile games, and work closely with partners to ensure their games meet the guidelines for promotion.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive experience in the creation, sales, or distribution of mobile games at a leading market provider. Experience with recruiting and managing game developers at a large tech company.
- Experience sourcing, managing and negotiating with partners to create successful relationships. Experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc).
- Proven track record in creating and executing against a pipeline. Deep understanding of mobile apps market, standards, business models, sales channels and competitive landscape.
- Strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, highly collaborative. Passion for and understanding of Google products, especially mobile technology and mobile games.Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners/internal Google teams.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.