To co-ordinate key projects, sponsored by CEO, making sure that project objectives are accomplished, supervise CEO Project office, project management standards and promote project management culture in the group of companies. To build market position by exploring the market and analyzing potential deals. To co-ordinate transactions and fundraising activities to strengthen company market leadership in Russia and to achieve financial growth.
The Head of Corporate Development reports to CEO and works closely with General Managers of subsidiary companies on projects, CFO and Legal Director to co-ordinate transactions, fundraisings and strategic planning activities.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise CEO’s project office, drive project implementation for CEO and Advisory Committee making sure that project objectives are met. Update project dashboards and inform CEO and Advisory Committee about the progress in a timely manner. Co-ordinate cross company projects, update all relevant stakeholders on the project progress so far.
- Promote project management standards and best practice culture in the organization.
- Identify and evaluates M&A opportunities and prospects.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Screen the market for innovative ideas and growth possibilities. Identify the size of the new market, its potential profitability, barrier to enter.
- Look for potential business alliances, joint ventures and partnership to strengthen groups’ market leadership.
- Follow up on synergies that arise from new business deals by coordinating projects; developing and negotiating most favorable outcomes; integrating new synergies with business operations.
- Together with CEO participate in key meetings, manage CEO’s agenda, co-ordinate action plans that arise as the outcome. Regularly update CEO on the progress.
- Prepare and consolidate materials for regular Board meetings.
- Orchestrate preparation of Long range plan at the group level, co-ordinate the planning cycle. Take an active part in preparing Long rage plans at subsidiary level – be involved hands on with the Lead team that need assistance and guide others. Promote long term view both at the group and subsidiary level.
Education and Experience
- Business-related degree or Finance professional qualification
- 2- 3 years’ experience in large Professional Services Firms (Bain, BCG, McKinsey) — preferably
- Experience in the industry (e-commerce, retail) is a plus
- Knowledge of key markets, the main market players (e-commerce, retail, logistics) is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and number-driven mind
- Good business sense
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in both Russian and English
- Ability to work to and deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to make quick decisions based on facts and numbers in an every-day-moving environment
- Organization and planning