East-West United Bank S.A. is a Luxembourg-based bank with Russian capital offering customised services in Corporate, Private Banking and Wealth Management to corporate and private clients. Acting as a business partner dedicated to building and protecting clients’ interests and providing them with tailor-made financial solutions, the bank has been successfully operating for over 40 years. EWUB is a leading bank with comprehensive knowledge of Luxembourg, Russian and CIS countries’ legislation and business customs combined with an individual approach to each client.
More information is available on our website: www.ewub.lu and on our Facebook page “EWUB Luxembourg”.
Purpose of the position
Management of transactional banking division, including:
- Monitoring of the level of the EWUB’ Clients services and products quality;
- Control over sales, cash-management & retails and custody departments;
- Revenue and Cost management (departmental budget);
- Total control of the subordinated staff performance;
- Recruiting, training, and managing staff.
To be an active participant of the Management Committee, to take a leadership role in respect of the promotion of transactional banking business and products internally and externally. Together with the Management Committee to participate to the Bank’s main projects and strategy initiatives.
Primary duties & responsibilities
Work on product strategy, based on Shareholder, Management, Customer and Business demands; formulate, launch, and direct strategic medium term plans; drive business and profit growth;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key Clients
- Control over development the division; preparation of the internal policies and procedures; supervision of the division activity and growth.
- Management of: sales activity; relationship and customer' management; control and leadership of front office and related operational functions of EWUB; meetings with the potential Transactional Banking Clients.
- Focus and control of: sales and relationship management; business development and product implementation; cash Management and retail banking products; custody; funds depository.
- Analysis of the existing process efficiency and effectiveness; current service improvement
- Monitoring and review of the manpower capacity for the division
- Development and introduction over the division of workflows and procedures renewal in accordance with international standards and market practice
- Planning, optimizing and development of new processes according to market conditions and Bank requirements
- Participation and control over the new products development and implementation of processes automation
- Supervising staff and supporting them in their activities; defining objectives and KPI to encourage and monitor performance; control over departments cross training preparation and organization
- Proactive sales role for Custody activities by attracting new clients and working on the complicated transactions processing
- Control for the on-time preparation of the required reports for clients and internal and external audit;
- Dealing with market infrastructure organizations.
- University degree and at least 10 years relevant Tax & Banking Regulation experience
- Experience in a Private Banking practice, either directly in a bank or servicing a bank is a must;
- Sound and comprehensive knowledge of Russian and Eastern European business community and financial news is a must;
- OSINT search capabilities and knowledge of the Russian business environment and main industry tax practices;
- Solid expertise and practical experience in Russian banking and financial legal and regulatory environment (CFC, intra-group financing schemes, foreign assets taxation and declaration, dividend rules, etc.);
- Knowledge in FATCA and CRS/Automated Exchange of Information is a plus;
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills;
- Autonomous, you take ownership of work and follow-up;
- Self-starter, keen to learn and build expertise;
- Integrity and independence of judgement, capacity to investigate thoroughly.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Fluency in English and Russian is a must.
- PC literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the different banking operating systems.