HR Director provides strong overall leadership of the Center’s human resources function, including recruitment, staffing, workforce diversity, benefits, training and development, performance management and employee and labor relations. S/he will be the chief architect of all human resources policies and practices across the organization to support a healthy, effective, fair and vibrant workplace.
The Role, Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the formulation and implementation of the organization’s Human Resources objectives, policies and practices.
- Lead the human resources planning processes to evaluate and implement staffing and wage structures, effective job designs and manpower forecasting throughout the organization.
- Implement a program for strategic employee recruitment, to support the Center’s cultural policy around inclusiveness and diversity as well as standards of excellence.
- Implement and maintain an ongoing performance appraisal program that aligns with the Center’s goals.
- Supervise the employee orientation and training programs that address the Center’s needs and long term strategic goals.
- Administer and provide ongoing input on employee compensation and benefit programs and services.
- Provide proactive leadership with senior management and staff managers around employment related issues, coaching and personnel development. Create and oversee programs for employee learning opportunities.
- Identify, develop and implement office automation technologies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the office.
- Drafting, interpreting and applying human resources policies and procedures.
- Advise on executive compensation matters and serve as a staff liaison to the Personnel and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Participate actively in the Center’s long range planning process and implementation to ensure the human resources functions are appropriately addressed and that employees broadly and specifically support the work of the Center’s goals.
- Advise on productive use of human resources policies and programs to improve staff recruitment, retention, motivation, job satisfaction and productivity.
Professional Background, Knowledge, Critical Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources/Organizational Development, Communications; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a senior human resources manager.
- Experience within Banking, Insurance and FI sectors is going to be an advantage
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience overseeing all aspects of employment and benefit administration.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to be vocally self-critical.
- Experience with managing union contracts and negotiations
- Strong critical thinking skills; compassionate and articulate speaking skills
- HR certification preferred