Renaissance Capital is looking for Trader assistant/Quant to join our Equity Derivatives Team with strong Economics/Finance/Mathematics background and 1-2 years of experience in Banking, Financial Consulting or in middle office department of a brokerage house. Ideal candidate should have general knowledge of basic financial instruments, transactions settlement principles and principles of financial risk management.
- Understanding how Treasury / Finance / Trading functions in a bank, regarding use of financial resources of the organization (internal cost of funding, limits, etc.)
- Common understanding of the principles of financial risk management (market exposure, volatility, collateral, initial margin)
- Understanding of cash flows, resulting from trading futures, forwards, options, stocks (initial margin, premium, variation margin)
- Common understanding of transactions settlement principles (OTC vs exchange, delivery versus payment, T + settlement, custody)
- Understanding how Russian stock market operates (Initial Margin, Variation margin, daily fixings, deliverable vs settlement contracts, repurchase agreements with the Central Counterparty, REPO haircuts, etc)
- Understanding FIFO / LIFO methods
- General knowledge of basic financial instruments (stocks, options, futures, forwards, FX swaps): pricing and risks
- Probability theory (random variables, stochastic processes: geometric Brownian motion / Ornstein–Uhlenbeck, random variable distribution, correlation, stationarity, Markov chains, Monte Carlo processes, etc.)
- Mathematical Statistics, Time series
- Education: Bachelor/Master of Arts /Specialization: Economics/Finance, Mathematics/Programming
- Experience: 1-2 years in Banking (Treasury, Trading, Risk Management: Asset Liability Management, Market Risk) or Financial Consulting (Big Four: risk management) or in real economy (big industrial company, Treasury only) or in middle office department of a brokerage house or just uber smart guy from top university with excellent grades.
- Software: Excel advanced user (VBA programming), SQL, Bloomberg , MS office
- Coding: C++/java + scripting language for prototyping/data manipulation
- Math soft: R, Mathlab
- Language: fluent English