The Student Intern will have the opportunity to apply theoretical learning acquired from their academic study, practically in the workplace and to develop skills that will support the a future career in financial analytics.
At Moody’s you will work in an environment that provides immediate challenges, encourages curiosity and initiative, and gives you the opportunity to get an in-depth insight into the workings of a ratings agency. You will have the opportunity to support Analysts in the rating process, including formulating ratios, preparing spreadsheets, comparative statistics and working on special projects as and when needed.
In addition to on the job training and mentoring, Moody’s provides formal credit training. This will give you the opportunity to further hone your critical thinking and increase your analytical capabilities. You will not only find a collegial work environment but also an emphasis on diligence and independent judgment. Moody’s offers a challenging but friendly working environment where professionalism and integrity are considered key values.
Currently studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in Banking, Finance & Accounting, Economics or Maths
- Financial research capabilities
- Quantitative aptitude and analytical skills
- Good communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Well developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office, especially Excel knowledge
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities accordingly
- Sound judgment – able to form and present findings
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to question received information
- Able to work using own initiative
- Fluency in English and Russian is essential.