Overall position description
∙ Actively participate in the formulation of business strategies, objectives and business financial plans by providing information, analysis, counsel and recommendations.
∙ Provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial information to meet business unit, corporate and legal requirements.
∙ Ensure application of efficient and effective financial and operating controls.
∙ Demonstrate commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of business partnering provided.
- Management accounting and financial control:
- Month & quarter closing process support (accruals, reserves, actuals sanity check)
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of the financial reporting and forecasting
- Performs ad hoc planning and actuals analysis to support customer sales and marketing plans
- Provides analytical support for Marketing, Sales and other support functions
- Works on special projects as required
- Business Monthly Performance and Reporting
- Regular Forecast (SI,SO)
- Monthly performance Review Meeting: preparation & Presentation of Financial Analysis to department heads
- Variance analysis and comments on Sales, Advertising and Promotion expenses, Gross margin, Cost centers (non-promo) expenses, identification of root causes for deviations and follow-up
- Ensure that all our investments are performed in time and in quantity vs. committed
- Communication with budget holders on key financial issues
- Ensures that all budget holders are fully aware of their financial results
- Design and preparation of internal financial reports
- Operational Planning process
- Lead and manage BPM process with key deliverables: Financial forecast update, Demand planning, SIT Management, Reinforce compliance with regulations, Shipment planning, Production orders
- Responsible for leading the pre-BPM , BPM meetings, challenging contributors’ inputs guarantying alignment of Commercial & Marketing Sales In forecasts and simultaneously considering the supply constraints ( lead time, minimum reorder quantities, short shelf life, stock run) as well as regulatory (registration lead time, study of new indication or dosage) and medical (prices or others) constraints, clearly formulating problems, structuring identified issues and ensuring appropriate corrective action plans are defines and addressed to the proper responsible person.
- Ensuring both the internal and external required information (distributor stocks level, distributor’s sales out, incoming supplies, market data and stock policy) is collected, reconciled, validated and loaded in the tool and is used to plan accurate sales forecasts
- Summarizing key issues impacting sales forecasts after each meeting ( pre BPM and BPM meeting) for better monitoring and tracking of the brand issues and ensuring corresponding action plans are elaborated and implemented within a dedicated time
- Ensuring all the operational constraints (regulatory, supply, commercial) are considered when forecasting for a better mediation
- Strategic Business Planning
- Participate in strategic planning process. ( Responsible for full Product P&L analysis and budgeting: Sales, Cosg, GM, Clinical studies, Sales Force costs, A&P expenses, Marketing Management expenses and Product Contribution)
- Management Information – Provide accurate, timely and useful information to management team for decision making ; continuously improve / develop reporting tools and systems that shorten the feedback cycle, and enable management to make timely decisions
- Rolling Forecast and Annual Operating Plan for Russia taking into consideration specific financial and non-financial Key Performance Indicators.
- Business Controls
- Ensure compliance with company’s internal procedures and policies in all business actions.
- Identify gaps in controls and come with solution.
- Perform profitability analysis of new launches.
- Develop and analyze pricing and discounts strategy.
- Higher education in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related field MUST
Experience and knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills is MUST
- Experience in different field in finance: sales analysis , operational expenses tracking…
- Experience : work in big multinational companies,
- Deals effectively with pressure in multi-task environment
- Good track of work on cross functional projects
- Professional and personal maturity to manage people
- Free oral and written communication in English