With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
- Under general supervision applies knowledge of the Company's financial and accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Performs complex account reconciliations and associated analysis.
- Understands organizational structure and the core businesses of the Company.
- Prepares and posts journal vouchers which may include consolidations and eliminations.
- Reviews and monitors financial transactions.
- Researches and resolves accounting issues.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes financial results including variance explanations.
- Meets deadlines and works well under pressure to produce accurate results.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate and graduate degree in accounting and a minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Accounting certification is preferred.
- Participates in multi functional teams and develops basic project management skills.
- Experience/knowledge of SAP and activity-based cost accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and country-specific accounting principles is required.