PwC is the leading professional services business with a team of more than 140,000 globally. In all the regions that we operate in, we advise our clients on M&A transactions as exclusive financial advisor, predominantly on medium size deals. In CEE and Russia we are advising clients both on acquisitions and divestments.
Acting as the lead deal advisor for our clients, we cover all aspects of a transaction, from pre-deal preparations through to successful deal completion, ensuring the M&A deal goes as planned bringing maximum shareholder value.
We help clients to select the optimal buyers or targets and to choose the best negotiation strategy possible; provide value analysis; manage the entire deal process, from pre-deal preparation to successful completion of the deal; take overall responsibility for a transaction, including coordinating the expert tax, legal and accounting teams to ensure the delivery.
The M&A team is an integral part of our wider Deals offering and you will closely cooperate with Strategy / Commercial, Transaction Services, Valuation and Tax M&A groups.
Our expansion provides excellent opportunities for personal growth. Our projects are intense, giving unique experience in deal making. We are looking for dynamic and motivated team members to help us develop and grow our business further. If you have analytical skills, financial modeling experience and the drive to develop within a dynamic international M&A environment, this candidate could be you.
- Getting exposure to real life internal and cross-border M&A deals
- Gaining valuation, negotiation and project management experience at the same time
- Working in multidisciplinary teams in a true team spirit environment with Western corporate culture
- Very steep learning curve, trainings and on the job coaching
- Good career perspective, growth and the potential to work abroad to gain international experience
- Ability to gain different M&A experience by short term internal secondments within Deals group
- Learning how different businesses operate in different parts of Russia and CIS
Successful candidates profile:
- Education, experience and skills requirements
- 1-2 years of experience in transaction services, valuation or corporate finance
- Excellent analytical skills - demonstrating evidence of being highly numerate
- Comprehensive theoretical and working knowledge of corporate finance / valuation techniques
- Practical experience in report/ presentations writing using MS Applications
- Practical working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to structure and build financial models
- Theoretical knowledge of IFRS and Russian GAAP
- Fluent in Russian and English
- Strong academics: university degree, preferably economics or science
- Studying CFA is an advantage
- Ability to deliver excellent client service, being result oriented
- Flexible approach to working, including ability to multi-task and to work in teams with flat structures, overtime will be required
- Proven ability to acquire new skills quickly
- Strong presentation skills
- Business writing skills (both in Russian and in English)
- Team player
- Curios mind and energetic personality
- Preparation of pitches for potential clients, analysis of possible acquisition targets/ potential investor, preparation of a benchmarking analysis
- Prepare financial models for presenting value analysis to the client
- Draft information memorandums / teasers and other transaction presentations
- Analyze business performance, key performance indicators trends and understand the business drivers and the market business works on
- Understand the companies’ financial position, leverage and other balance sheet exposures
- Analyze the sustainable profitability and normal financial position, use the results in the financial model
- Help manager coordinate different work streams / consultants on a deal/ manage datarooms
- Help senior team members to advise on treatment of due diligence findings in valuation and negotiations
- Support senior team members and clients in deal documentation drafting and negotiations