We are currently seeking a Chief Accountant to be a key member of the Accounting team. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to organize management, accounting and tax bookkeeping and accounts per Russian Accounting Standards (RAS).
Our financial department consists of two teams: accountants and the financial team responsible for budgeting, taxation, etc. Seven people work in the department and each of them contributes greatly to the team's results. Currently, the team is located in Moscow and it remotely supports the company's other entities based in Europe, China, the US. We strive to develop and improve our processes continuously so now there is an excellent opportunity to head the team, implement the best practices from your previous experience, and push the performance of the financial department to a new level.
- Organizing management, accounting and tax bookkeeping and accounts per Russian Accounting Standards (RAS).
- Organizing accounting bookkeeping in accordance with the requirements of the Skolkovo fund.
- Organizing the transformation of RAS accounting to IFRS accounting.
- Forming accounting policies, methodologies and techniques in accordance with accounting law, regulations on the work of accounting services.
- Selecting outsourcers to provide accounting services, monitoring their activity, consolidating information and promptly reporting to the company’s management; monitoring that providers of accounting services comply with all requirements of tax regulations.
- Implementing rules and procedures for the collection and subsequent control of information required for consolidating financial statements.
- Participating directly in passing auditing and tax investigations.
- Drawing up reports in accordance with corporate standards for company management, shareholders, and investors.
- Preparing reports, requests and other documents for banks, tax authorities, audit companies and other organizations, if necessary.
- Maintaining control over the timely and correct preparation of primary accounting documents, optimizing relevant workflow.
- Guiding the work of contractors in terms of expertise and preparing documentation.
- Drawing up work statements for 1С developers, supervising IT contractors (1С).
Expected results (3 months)
- January – March 2021: successfully submit accounting and tax reports for Q4 of 2020 and for the 2020 year.
- January – April 2021: successfully pass an audit investigation for 2020 without comments in the auditor’s report.
- 5+ years’ experience working as Chief accountant; experience working in foreign economic activity, experience working in R&D companies, experience working in companies participating in the Skolkovo project will be advantageous
- Experience preparing financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Experience passing audits
- Conversational English
- Excellent command of 1C, experience integrating and automating processes in 1C
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, tax regulations
- Analytical thinking, good managerial and organizational skills, systematic approach, ability to build interpersonal communication (communicate and explain things in an accessible way), high level of self-organization, ability to take responsibility for results, high tolerance for stress
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a game-changing company shoulder to shoulder with the best professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to take part in creating a real innovation
- Transparency and openness on all levels
- Immersion in the Deep Tech culture where we give birth to real innovations
- Benefits package including educational opportunities and stock option plan for all positions and grades