The Director, Russia and CIS Controller supports the Europe Regional Controller to ensure the overall integrity of the related legal entity financial statements in partnership with the Global Business Services Center (GBSC) and to provide advisory support to the business teams in regards to accounting and controls. The Director, Russia and CIS Controller is responsible for ensuring that strong controls are in place and are functioning as expected for the business.
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of financials and has primary responsibility for ensuring company compliance with external and Corporate accounting requirements, both from a US GAAP as well as local statutory perspective. Countries under responsibility include: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria and Belarus.
- Provides guidance on accounting and local tax matters. Consults with the Europe Regional Controller and Europe Regional Tax Director as appropriate.
- Ensures a strong control environment by establishing, monitoring and enforcing operational and SOX controls based on corporate guidelines and general governance standards. Both support and challenge managers to identify areas where controls can be strengthened.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Manages the third parties involved in ensuring compliance with local statutory reporting and tax requirements and continually assesses the optimal use of third parties.
- Oversight of intercompany transactions between MCE and MCOOO in conjunction with the Tax team; i.e. dividend repatriation, other arrangements between the two. Ensure accounting is correct as well as corresponding agreements/documentation.
- Oversight of the Bank account administration and AP Payments in coordination with Corporate Treasury and the Shared Services Center (GBSC). Ensure strict compliance with the Central Bank requirements for currency controls on international transactions (all countries in scope).
All About You
- In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in Russian GAAP, some US GAAP or IFRS experience also preferred; other country GAAPs also a plus.
- Extensive experience/proven track record (8+ years) in accounting within a global organization
- Big 4 experience preferred in early career years
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Active Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant or local equivalent
- High level of English fluency
- Proficiency with accounting & finance systems/software applications
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to provide solutions that drive positive results
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated effective leadership with relationship development skills