Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new alphas. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant is seeking an exceptional individual to join the firm as a Quantitative Researcher. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets.
As we pursue our goal of creating new alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. WorldQuant’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our relentless pursuit to succeed.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Building mathematical, algorithmic, computer-driven models of financial markets;
- Conducting research on academic quantitative finance literature;
- Exploring financial datasets;
- Applying a synergy of innovative methods in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Financial Economics.
- Bachelor’s degree (MSc and PhD students are welcome) from a top university in a highly analytical/ quantitative field, such as: Mathematics, Finance or Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar;
- Ability to work at least 3 days per week;
- Research mind-set: being a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, attentive to detail, etc.;
- Critical thinking and ability to come up with non-standard approaches;
- Solid programming skills (C++ and/or Python); Deep interest in learning about worldwide financial markets;
- Good knowledge of English (both oral and written);
- Strong work ethic.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- International or regional Mathematics/Programming/Economics/Physics Olympiad medals;
- Strong record of research achievement (such as scientific publications, conference presentations, grants or awards);
- Knowledge of financial economics, including but not limited to portfolio theory, asset pricing, corporate finance, derivatives, etc.
What we offer:
- Multifaceted work without routine in a leading international company;
- Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and annual salary increases;
- Flexible start of working day;
- Regular team building, competitions and corporate events;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Social package:
- Medical insurance and cancer insurance for employees and their family member including dental (wife/husband, children under 23 years old);
- Life insurance for employees only;
- Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues;
- Sick leave – 100% of salary, including full payment of maternity leave (140 days);
- Parental leave program up to 3 weeks for secondary care givers (fathers) with 100% pay;
- 3 additional vacation days per year;
- Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Russia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development;
- Fruits & snacks in the office;
- Relocation package in certain cases (if applicable)