WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to tackle undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code every day.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Participate in designing distributed system architecture for systems and services.
- Participate in development and maintenance of backend services in Python
- Participate in development and maintenance of services to work with third parties such as: Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, etc…
- Participate in development and maintenance of monitoring services using SupervisorD, Prometheus, Sentry, Alerta, etc.
- Coordinate with stake holders such as pure infrastructure team, business team, etc… to resolve crossing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of hands-on industry experience developing scalable and robust soware applications in web environments with exposure to backend stacks
- Deep understanding in Spark, Kafka, K8s
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and Model-View-Controller web framework
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with microservices, caching tools, data visualization, queuing systems or large-scale distributed systems is great plus
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and annual salary increases;
- Healthy work-life balance support (flexible start of working day, parental leave, sabbatical aer 5 years of service etc);
- Regular team buildings and corporate events;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Social package:
- Medical insurance and cancer insurance for employees and their family member including dental (wife/husband, children under 23 years old);
- Life insurance for employees only;
- Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues;
- Sick leave – 100% of salary, including full payment of maternity leave (140 days);
- Parental leave program up to 3 weeks for secondary care givers (fathers) with 100% pay;
- 3 additional vacation days per year;
- Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Russia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development;
- Fruits & snacks in the office;
- Relocation package in certain cases (if applicable).
Stages of our recruitment process:
- CV review;
- 3 rounds of interviews;