WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to tackle undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code every day.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Develop complex single page applications.
- Focus on application functionality and user experience.
- Optimize applications for speed and scalability.
- Build reusable components for usage across interfaces.
- Develop responsive layouts for desktop and mobile devices.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design.
- Automate UI testing processes.
- Be an active member of an agile engineering team who is continuously looking to improve team performance.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.
- Advanced experience with client side frameworks and libraries that interact with server side APIs such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Svelte, TypeScript, etc.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Highcharts, D3, etc.
- Ability to design detailed user interface features based on high-level requirements.
- Familiar with Linux environment.
- Eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies. Be curious about what's happening in the tech world.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and annual salary increases;
- Healthy work-life balance support (flexible start of working day, parental leave, sabbatical aer 5 years of service etc); Regular team buildings and corporate events;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Social package:
- Medical insurance and cancer insurance for employees and their family member including dental (wife/husband, children under 23 years old);
- Life insurance for employees only;
- Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues;
- Sick leave – 100% of salary, including full payment of maternity leave (140 days);
- Parental leave program up to 3 weeks for secondary care givers (fathers) with 100% pay;
- 3 additional vacation days per year;
- Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Russia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development;
- Fruits & snacks in the office;
- Relocation package in certain cases (if applicable).
Stages of our recruitment process:
- CV review;
- 3 rounds of interviews;